Hi guys as we are now in the middle of winter I wanted to let you know some secrets when it comes to loosing body fat as this is the best time to get started!
1. STAY CONSISTENT WITH TRAINING – winter is cold, its dark, the days are short and it makes many of us Queenslanders just want to move to Bali. The key for training in the winter months is to stick to your training schedule and don’t be tempted to sleep in that big warm bed. to add in an additional piece of cardio after your training session, I recommend running 800m after every training session.
2. WARM UP STARTS AT HOME – when we train during the colder months drinking a lot of cold water during training can cool our bodies down too much from the inside. Start warming up from home by drinking WARM water before training and try not to drink too much during training. This will begin heating our bodies in preparation for exercise.
3. KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON – keep your jumpers, trackies and beanies on while doing the strength portion of the workout can help burn extra calories and keep the bodies joints nice and warm.
4. PLAN YOUR MEALS – even though we are in the cooler months does not mean that you stop your meal prep or just eat hot comfort foods. As your training might slow down a bit and your’re not sweating as much this is where your nutrition plays a huge part.
5. SET YOUR ALARM – even though its cold and dark the person who does the most, gets the rewards. Start your day early and get as much as you can done. Don’t let a little bit of cold weather stop your progress. Prepare your training gear and clothes the night before, invest in good warm winter training clothes and footwear, and spend your weekends being busy! Not watching Netflix on the couch with a bag of chips (as awesome as that is it definitely doesn’t help when trying to lean up).
By the time summer comes and your surfing, swimming, tanning and living it up outside you will be feeling 100% confident, happy and proud of your dedication to yourself.
Articles, tips and information to help you live your healthiest life.
53/3 Jackman Street, Southport 4214
(Next to Abrakidazzle)